Wednesday, May 03, 2006

ABC

Holly posted a fun meme, so I thought I'd try my hand...

Accent
: grave today, acute tomorrow.

Booze: seventeen year old Ardbeg. Or beer.

Chore I Hate: I can’t say I hate chores, but I can’t say I’m very attentive to them either.

Dog or Cat: Definitely Cat.

Essential Electronics: Whatever I am using to play music, plus my laptop.

Favorite Cologne(s): I don’t use them. The human body smells most pleasant just after bathing.

Gold or Silver: Neither. I find jewelry uncomfortable.

Hometown: I was born in Albuquerque; I spent the longest amount of time in Denver; I currently live in a suburban village in Northern England.

Insomnia: Yes, a terrible bout last Fall but I’m sleeping better now, thank you.

Job Title: Lecturer in International Politics.

Kids: Imminently.

Living arrangements: I share a rented house.

Most admirable trait: I think the trait I would like to be admired for would be a combination of gentle humor and sharp intelligence. I think that the trait people tend to admire in me is that I’m nice. Ouch.

Number of sexual partners: Not telling.

Overnight hospital stays: Several as a child; most recently about five years ago for dehydration after a serious case of food poisoning.

Phobias: None, really. Of course I have fears but none of them paralyzes me or keeps me from functioning.

Quote: This one is tough. So much depends on my mood. How about: “Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.

“The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness. To call on them to give up their illusions about their condition is to call on them to give up a condition that requires illusions. The criticism of religion is, therefore, in embryo, the criticism of that vale of tears of which religion is the halo.” (Karl Marx, 1844)

Religion: see above.

Siblings: one delightful sister.

Time I wake up: varies. See Insomnia.

Unusual talent or skill: I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue.

Vegetable I refuse to eat: Beets. Eewww.

Worst habit: watching bad television as a solution to brain fatigue. I should just sleep.

X-rays: More than needed, I suspect.

Yummy foods I make: Green chile. Check back some day for a recipe.

Zodiac sign: Aquarius. Like you didn’t know already.

2 Comments:

Blogger bluestocking said...

Most admirable trait: I think the trait I would like to be admired for would be a combination of gentle humor and sharp intelligence. I think that the trait people tend to admire in me is that I’m nice. Ouch.

I don't admire your niceness as much as I appreciate how it makes my life more pleasant. I definitely admire your intelligence and I rather envy your diplomacy, which I think requires a careful combination of niceness and intelligence.

May 03, 2006 12:44 am  
Blogger spike said...

Of the many traits of yours I admire, your ability to find the mot juste ranks very highly. Thanks for the kind thoughts. I will continue trying to be nice...and careful.

May 03, 2006 9:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home